Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Vietnam-time is an illusion

I knew something was wrong when the display on my 747-200 personal video screen read 28:31 as the local time in Hong Kong, our destination. Now I'm no five star general, but I'm pretty sure military time stops at 23:59 and resets at 0:00.
This strange occurrence pretty much sums up my temporal experience for the last 29 hours. The only connection I had to real time was my watch alarm going off, telling me to take my anti-malarial meds.
The sun is rising here in Hong Kong, and one of our group, Jens, is playing some sweet soft tunes on his travel-size guitar. I feel as though my day should be ending, but in 4 more hours, we'll be in Ho Chi Minh City, (supposedly) ready to start our first day of orientation.

The package reads: "Pasturized Process Cheese Food Swiss-Type Flavor"
Was this from the Hong Kong flight? Nope, the Detroit-L.A. flight.
More to come, after I change my clothes...

1 comment: