Saturday, January 10, 2009

Vietnam - Dragons!

Hello, I'm the one guy. Though I haven't yet reached Vietnam, and won't for another 23 days or so, my Mom just told me that she is tired of hanging out with me. Thus I've got nothing better to do now than get a head start on the ol' travelblog.
As the sole source of manly machismo in this blog, and as the the only traveler who is likely to encounter anything more dangerous than a horny sheep or some rancid haggis, I thought I would start off with a post about one of the many stupefyingly frightening aspects of the many diverse Vietnamese ecosystems.




















The Dragon Millipede. Not only is he bright pink, but he also smells distinctly of almonds. Why does he smell like almonds? Because he excretes Cyanide from glands all over his body. He also loves the taste of human flesh. You can find him, and 999 other newly discovered species from the Mekong River Area on the World Wildlife Federation Website.
That's all for now. Here's hoping that Katie might actually post something on her travel blog... WHILE SHE'S TRAVELING. FEEL FREE TO DROP US A LINE, PAL!

2 comments: